Thursday, October 19, 2006

The SOSF (Society of Secret Fairies) have struck again

A cheery postman still wearing shorts (its very mild for this time of year) knocked on my door this morning with a surprise parcel from across the ocean, the SOSF have struck again.
Clearing a space on my work bench and with camera at hand to record the occasion I preceded to open the box in a careful but excitedly hasty manner, a gorgeous smell wafts from the box and fills the air of my small untidy studio a hint of the season to come... I catch a glimpse through the autumnal coloured packing ... beautifully wrapped parcels.

A coveted box filled with goodies... I begin to open colourfully wrapped parcel after parcel. A handful of magnets... some stickers as well as other little goodies reminding me that Halloween is nearly upon us... Fun pumpkin earrings and necklace jewellery with a not so scary sparkle purple spider ring presented in a lovely little gift box all will be worn while i scare the bejesuses out of the kids who knock on our door this Halloween. Some homemade scented oil and 4 packets of seeds from the SOSF friends garden that I will be planting in the near future… A delectably scented candle that I cannot help but repeatably sniff (does that sound weird? on second thoughts don't answer that) Lots of goodies to eat ... fall harvest pasta and creepy crawly jelly sweets and chocolates that I will be eating while I look through the Home Companion from cover to cover this evening with my feet up which I know I'm going to thoroughly enjoy... and lots more besides if you don't believe me have a look for yourselves....

A thousand thanks to the Fairy that sent it!
Tara you truly are a wonderful fairy... :>)

P.S. I may be a bit slow in returning the favour… but never fear I have been gathering some goodies together and hope to have it winging its way to you soon!!. (now were are those homing pigeons?!!)
Debs x

7 comments:

natural attrill said...

What a wondeful gift, the parcels look lovely all wrapped in their orange ribbons. Have a fun halloween!
Penny.

tlchang said...

*Whew!* So glad it made it! I was starting to worry. Have a big Halloween hug and enjoy!

Gretel said...

Oh my, that was good timing, what an amazing box! Love the colours. You are about to be 'pinked'

Anonymous said...

What a lovely package! I love Halloween and all of it's colors! Enjoy!

French Fancy... said...

I hope that the fairy postal service will be active again this week and deliver my fairy package to your home very soon

tlchang said...

Debra - hope you are doing alright. Your blog is lonely and misses you.

Wholesale Greeting Cards said...

Its all nice and great as visit as I get nice efforts from here to know more about cards collections and events celebrations,must Wholesale Greeting Cards get it.